Apply for the Programme
Lincolnshire Refugee Doctor Project is excited to announce that we are now launching our programme.
We are looking to bring on our first cohort of doctors who would like the support and English training required to reach GMC registration. Our programme is due to start in October 2019.
We would like to assist as many doctors as possible but for the first year we will only be accepting ten doctors to ensure we are able to provide the support and assistance required.
As part of the programme you will be required to relocate to the Grimsby area, if you are currently living outside of Lincolnshire however there will be some support provided in the relocation.
If you wish to apply please send an updated copy of your CV as well as the completed membership application form (which can be downloaded from here Download Form), filled in and signed.
Your application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the following conditions are required for your application to be considered;
- You are willing to relocate to Grimsby or the surrounding areas, if you are not currently living in Lincolnshire.
- It will be your responsibility to have any qualifications / certificates translated into English, if applicable. Please ensure the translated version is sent along with your CV.
- Please send an updated CV which includes the following;
- your medical degree, university, date of qualification
- further degree qualification
- specialist training completed
- membership of professional bodies, particularly in UK or European countries
- countries in which you have stayed more than 3 months since leaving your home country
- your Home Office Refugee/Asylum status [particularly leave to remain and permission to work]
- previous attempts to pass IELTS/OET
- previous attempts to pass PLAB
- previous membership of other Refugee Health Professional programmes in the UK
- membership of the BMA Refugee Doctor Initiative
For further updates you can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
We look forward to hearing from you.